Blepharoplasty | Lid Lifts
Blepharoplasty, otherwise known as lid lift, is the most common plastic surgery procedure done in America. This procedure will give you a more youthful look. If your upper lids are interfering with your vision, Blepharoplasty may be partially covered by your insurance. Please check for coverage and prior approval.
Blepharoplasty procedures are performed in our office. Therefore no hospital or surgery center fee! Call today for your complimentary consultation.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a surgery that removes excess skin from both the upper and/or lower eyelids. As we age, our eyelids stretch, and the muscles supporting them weaken, resulting in excess skin & fat to gather above and below our eyelids. This causes sagging eyebrows, droopy upper lids and bags under the eyes.
The surgery can also make eyes look younger and more alert.
Learn how blepharoplasty is done and about the benefits and risk of the procedure.
Who would be a good candidate for Blepharoplasty surgery?
- A patient with droopy eyelids due to aging or muscle dehiscence that make you appear tired
- Individuals with droopy eyelids that obstruct their visual field
- If you are unsatisfied with your eyelid shape
- A patient whose eyelids appear puffy and have prominent bags under their eyes
Interested in learning more or setting up an appointment to speak with a specialist? Contact Us 252-489-5829
What to expect after Surgery.
- Most patients experience minimal pain after surgery.
- Ice compress for 72 hrs immediately after surgery, followed by warm compress
- If non-dissolvable sutures are used, they will be removed 5-7 days after surgery.
- Bruising usually resolves at about 2 weeks.
- You may return to work (desk job) after 1 week. If you would like to conceal the degree of swelling, you may benefit from wearing thick framed glasses.
- You may drive 1-2 weeks after surgery.
- You may gradually resume physical activity 2-4 weeks after surgery.
Considering Blepharoplasty eye surgery?
Get in touch and make your appointment/consultation today.
Nags Head Professional Center
112 West Woodhill Dr.
Nags Head, NC 27959
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Emergencies call 911